Chocolate coated cookie sandwich
by Hazel Wallace
- ½ cup (50g) oats
- ¼ cup dates (approx.6)
- ½ cup of boiling water
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- ½ scoop of vanilla or toffee protein powder
- Banana, sliced or Almond butter (or both!)
- To make the cookie sandwich
- Soak the dates in the boiling water for 30 mins.
- Puree the dates and water together, transfer to a bowl.
- Grind the oats with the coconut flour and protein powder to achieve a fine consistency.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the date and water mixture.
- Create 8-10 balls from the dough and flatten into cookie shapes onto greaseproof paper
- Place in the freezer for 60 mins
- Slice the banana and sandwich between two cookies, or spread a layer or almond butter between.
To make the coating
- Melt the coconut oil and agave nectar together
- Stir in the cocoa powder
- Coat the sandwiched cookies together or drizzle on top.
- Refrigerate to allow the chocolate to harden
- Freeze until ready to consume.
You can purchase Natural Whey Vanilla Protein here
For more fantastic recipe ideas, please follow Hazel or check out her site: